Senior Data Analyst
Client Services, Operations
Casepoint provides full eDiscovery capabilities through a powerful, secure, cloud-based platform. We are repeatedly chosen by leading law firms and multinational corporations for their largest matters. Team cooperation, “work hard, play hard” attitude, open communication, and kindness mark Casepoint’s culture.
The Senior Data Analyst/Database Administrator (DBA) will ensure client needs and satisfaction comes first as a key part of our client services and operations team. The Senior Data Analyst/DBA will service clients providing key reports and as well as focusing on core database administration job functions. This will include providing structured and non-structured database analysis, custom scripting using various programming platforms, database creation, searching, and modification; and custom load file creation for Document Management from DBMS system. In addition, the database administrator will provide data modeling and optimization; make recommendations related to performance and efficiency of data storage including more effective use of indexes or other DBMS specific features; assume responsibility for administration of existing enterprise databases; make recommendation for standards and best practices for SQL; and interact with and write complex SQL queries.
- Manage technical processes for our Casepoint eDiscovery platform for data loading, ingestion, processing, and hosting
- Proactively manage database server resources using performance monitor, profiler, custom scripts and third party tools
- Develop and update database documentation, including architecture diagrams, schema definitions and operating procedure manuals
- Perform ad-hoc data queries for reporting and data analysis needs
- Handle database support escalation and production database preventative maintenance as a subject matter expert
- Create and perform database administration tasks for development, test and production SQL environments
- Deploy and maintain a database security framework meeting requirements set forth by company and clients
- Document configuration of all SQL Server instances and develop disaster avoidance and recovery plans
- Develop, implement and maintain backup and disaster recovery strategy for all SQL server databases and systems
- Troubleshooting connectivity and performance issues relating to SQL Servers and data enabled applications
- Perform programming related to SQL working closely with the Development team, and as it relates to any SQL applications that are under your management
- Work closely with our other DBAs, IT staff and personnel, as well as contracted IT support specialists and provide mentorship to Jr. technical staff and co-workers
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- 4+ years of experience in eDiscovery industry supporting SQL 2008 or 2012.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems & general networking concepts as well as virtual technologies.
- Knowledge interacting with .NET, C#, Java, or other programming languages.
- Experience with parsing and scripting languages such as Perl, VBscript, etc.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex communication problems.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple high priority tasks
- We are seeking a superior candidate for this unique role. As a result, we require the following background in candidates selected for this opportunity:
- A bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree is considered a strong plus
- A minimum of 4 years consulting, litigation support, paralegal or attorney experience in a law firm, corporate legal department or eDiscovery service provider
- SQL Certification
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Plans
- 401K Plan with a matching program
We are looking for the best candidates regardless of location and will work with you to establish a local presence in your location.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.