“I can’t say enough about the support we received from Casepoint. Their team was always quick to respond to our questions and provide training.” Harry Dorcy, Staff Counsel, Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell
We've been busy making our technology even better
New release and updates announcements.
At Casepoint, delivering a seamless and rich user experience is our priority.
So we’re constantly refining our technology to keep our innovation game-changing. Ensuring that everything flows. Take a look at some of the great new features we’ve recently rolled out.
CaseAssist puts powerful, next generation eDiscovery capabilities in the hands of legal teams, accelerating the entire review process. It helps attorneys and paralegals to rapidly locate crucial documents and drives decision-making about the direction of each case. Quickly cut to what’s critical - with higher quality and faster results.
- Identify important documents without laborious search queries and complex analytics. Ensure that nothing vital is ever missed.
- Ground-breaking Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based functionality takes signals and cues from legal teams and translates them into powerful, actionable insights.
- CaseAssist is supportive, rather than invasive. It can transform how you approach and manage workflows, if you choose. It can also just work quietly in the background while you get on with casework as usual, pointing out areas worth deeper investigation as you go.
- It offers information and suggests patterns and documents that might be helpful in building legal arguments. And it provides you with additional information as you go, helping you to make new decisions as the review progresses.
- CaseAssist gets smarter as you use it. As the AI-based algorithm evolves and learns over the life of a review, the data it provides becomes increasingly relevant and refined.
Advanced Search: your search, your way
What if your search tools learned to work the way you want? Super intuitive. User-friendly. Exciting enhancements in our Advanced Search functionality are making that a reality. A new feature that’s available in the Advanced Search window lets you mark your favorite fields, speeding up how you build future searches.
- Simply select the ‘star’ icon next to a particular field and that field will be designated as one of your favorites. These favorites will then appear in the ‘My Favorite Fields’ window, making it easier to build and run subsequent searches. Sound good? We promise it is.
- Use Content Search to search text through natural language or semantic analytics. Expand or limit the search scope by choosing between stemming, phonic words, synonyms, related word, or by using the exact sentence.
- Use Field Search to retrieve data by searching metadata, tags, custom fields, notes, and many other fields. Break down or combine one or multiple fields using operators, and fine-tune queries based on the results you need to deliver, and away you go.
- Focus your activity to unearth potentially relevant, privileged, or non-responsive documents.
- Run quality checks on the accuracy of each review, too, and have the satisfaction of monitoring productivity as it increases while watching expenses drop. Happy attorney. Happy clients. Happy business.
New redaction features
Take a look at Casepoint’s updated redaction features, which are now helping to make speedy work of repetitive tasks.
- Full Redaction lets you redact a full page at the click of a button. Bulk Redaction applies full-page redactions to ‘All Pages’ or to a ‘Page Range’ within a single document or multiple documents.
- Inverse Redaction makes it easy to select the portion of the page that does not need to be redacted while automatically redacting the rest.
- Redaction Location identifies all the redactions and annotations on the page.
- Redaction Set lets you flexibly create multiple redaction sets and then choose which should be applied when generating TIFFs or PDFs. The System Default redaction set is always available.
- Face Redaction attempts to identify faces and redact them. As protecting Personal Identifying Information (PII) becomes more of an issue, this feature will become invaluable in sensitive cases.
Annotate on the go
How often have you wanted to add a note to a document as you’re reviewing it? Casepoint gives you several ways to do that online, even when looking at a TIFF image of a document.
- Use the Text Annotation feature found in the menu at the bottom of the document. This lets reviewers add graphic sticky notes with searchable text to documents of any size.
- Create Custom Notes, which you’ll find on the bottom of the far right panel when you’re reviewing documents. Use different Custom Note sections and add any to these fields. The notes are indexed and searchable, too. Time is money, after all.
- It’s the perfect way to help focus second pass reviewers or prepare for deposition.
There’s tremendous value to delivering Search Term Hit Reports (STHR) right at the beginning of any document review process. Comparing hit counts lets you remove terms with potentially false hits and identify where search terms can be combined for more focused results. Casepoint’s Term Analyzer feature is your best ally, available in Early Case Assessment (ECA) and Review databases.
- Run it across the entire database or drill down into specific folders, by custodian, for example. The same search syntax used for content searches is used for Term Analyzer and hit counts are available for complex searches, without limitations.
- Once a draft search term list has been created in a text file or Word document, simply copy and paste the terms into the Term Analyzer search box and press ‘Search Term Hits.’
- You can view the hit counts on screen or easily export a STHR just four clicks later, delivered via a download link in Excel format. Modify terms as needed. Repeat the steps. Compare new results within minutes. Job done.
- Take Search Term Hits right into document review. By selecting terms and ‘Add to Folder,’ review folders are automatically created for each search term containing the documents with those hits.
- To view documents across search term hits, the individual search term folders can be rolled up into a parent folder. In this way, Casepoint creates a direct workflow from STHR to review. One seamless process. Just the way our users tell us they want it.
See what our customers say about us
Streamlined eDiscovery workflow
This is how Casepoint’s innovative and trusted technology can help your organization: